Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Aladdin Sphinx

"For every inch they cut the nose off the Sphinx..." - K.West
"Shot off they nose to impose what basically still goes on today you see" - Nas

I was watching Aladdin last night and my favorite scene came on...Jasmine and Aladdin singing A Whole New World and I noticed the chipping off the nose of the Sphinx of Giza. Now why would this particular scene be in the movie and why would they give it camera time? Of course it has to mean something. If not they would have made no mention of the three pyramids of Giza that appeared before the Sphinx (in the same scene). Many are familiar with the argument of how the Sphinx lost his nose and why it still continues to be the center of ancient arguments today.
Anyway I took the stance of actually trying to decipher the meaning of the "scultpor" chopping the nose off the Sphinx. It could be a subliminal message saying this what really happened and all that Napolean crap is just that = CRAP. However, I think alone and there is no room for company in my thoughts. But I would like to engage others in this open discussion via Facebook, Twitter...however. Am I thinking too deep into it or is there more to be discovered? And no Disney is not the illuminati. Check the video below:

2 comments:

  1. Disney is Illuminatti :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3BNJOEvdeI

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you must have known I was shouting you out...!

    ReplyDelete